Musings

Random updates on my life, my thought processes, and.... well, musings.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Today It Seems Real...

As nearly anyone who's been pregnant will tell you, pregnancy inspires weird dreams. Often baby orientated, but not always -- tho the baby dreams usually have something weird going on. I know people who've dreamed that they've given birth to cats, and another that dreamed she went for her ultrasound and had a wonderfully healthy baby dragon in there. Personally I've dreamt that I've given birth to two at a time, also that I had a walking, talking, toddler-sized MiniMe straight after birth. Understandable, probably -- but very weird nonetheless.

Last night I dreamed that I had my baby. The weird thing last night was... merely that it wasn't weird. Granted, I dreamt that I went in to labour, then the next thing I knew I woke up and had my baby presented to me. Whether that means I had a c-section or simply that my mind blanked the parts it doesn't know, I don't know. I don't even really care.

What sticks with me is that I was presented with a beautiful, normal, newborn sized and newborn healthy, baby girl, swaddled up in a fuzzy pink blanket. With a full head of (newborn) dark hair.

Suddenly this all seems to very real to me. I'm going to have a baby.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Princess LadyBug said…

    Yes, you are. And she's going to be beautiful just like her mommy.

    I love you, pretty girl! :D

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Margo said…

    My only thought is -- it's getting really really hard for me to picture a boy. And there's no reason why peanut can't be male.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Princess LadyBug said…

    Okay. Okay. So peanut could be a boy. Either way he or she will be loved.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger WendyDarling said…

    I don't know what your dream means, but I do know that whether "Peanut" is a boy or girl they will have a wonderful Mommy. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home