Musings

Random updates on my life, my thought processes, and.... well, musings.

Friday, May 19, 2006

What I wish for my marriage...

Intangible - the ‘what’

  • To be respected
  • To always have a safe forum in which to share any and all emotions, experiences, and thoughts
  • The knowledge that I have the support of my husband in all aspects
  • To be and to have an equal and contributing partner in the marriage
  • The knowledge that myself and our children are the most important thing, people, priority, in my husband’s life
  • To feel cherished
  • To have a home that represents and expresses myself as much as my husband

Tangible - the ‘how’

  • A kiss and a cuddle first thing, every day, when the last person home arrives
  • A kiss goodbye when leaving the house for the day
  • A kiss goodnight when going to bed
  • Regular acknowledgement and appreciation for things that have been done - i.e., dishes, cleaning, ‘normal’ daily tasks that contribute to the good of the household
  • Some time every day to catch up as a couple with no other distractions. This can be dinner together over the table (without TV, books, magazines, etc) or otherwise arranged.
  • A weekly date - just the two of us, together, focusing on enjoying time together, even after Baby arrives. Preferably the same time most weeks.
  • A husband who spends the majority of his sleeping hours at night in bed with me.
  • To be included in my husband’s life - his joys, his sorrows, his worries and his frustrations. To be the first one consulted on major decisions as a matter of course.
  • Occasional accompaniment on outings - be it to the movies, the mall, the grocery store, etc, simply for the job of being together
  • To be free from critiscm over those things that didn't get done that day
  • To be given help willingly when I need / ask for it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home