Musings

Random updates on my life, my thought processes, and.... well, musings.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Complete Convert - A List of Resolutions

The year is nearly over for me.

I leave the country (for a long visit in California) on November 17th, and so I'm considering that to be the end of the year, in terms of "normal life" here. Therefore I'm getting my affairs in order, and preparing my list of resolutions. Which, for once, I'm fairly serious about. I realise, of course, that I don't have to wait until the new year to start - but it makes a nice break between the "old" and the "new" and furthermore makes a great baseline.


The Resolutions:
1) Live as a Compactor with perhaps one or two minor tweaks. Basically I want to not buy anything new, except for food, underwear and healthy/safety/medical/hygiene items. I'm not sure whether buying wool (or other "raw" materials) would count but I don't think it should, and nappies may become an issue as well. Probably a good thing that I'm not planning to start until the new year, because I think this one could probably do with some refining (mentally at least) before then.
2) Be completely caffeine-free by the end of June.
3) Clear out all of "my" excess clutter from the house. If I don't use it and/or don't love it, it goes.
4) Keep Zamara's baby albums up to date.
5) Use the car no more than two days a week if at all possible. (Exceptions to this would be for work, particularly Creative Memories classes)
6) Work out a way to live within our means. (May well be an ongoing trial-and-error...)

I'm sure I'll come up with more before then.... but for right now, it's a good start :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home