Musings

Random updates on my life, my thought processes, and.... well, musings.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's a tough life...

... when you're a cat.

At least, when you're a cat in a house with a baby.

Spike has been sulking for the past 24 hours or so. And possibly rightly so.

He's a sweet cat. He's also very much a one-person cat, and I'm his person. Unfortunately for him, I'm also Zamara's person, and she cries louder.

He's come up to me and curled up in my lap, contented just to sit there and purr while I play on my laptop, and right as he settles in Zamara needs tending to.

He's sat on the only clear spot on the couch to be shoved off when I need to feed Z.

He's tried to follow me from room to room only to be kicked when he gets underfoot.

He can't even get decent sleep at night. The other night he was curled up on my legs, and then I needed to get up to feed Z. Even though I feed her lying down, by the time I got back in bed he'd shifted into my spot and had to be 'nudged' out.

So now he wanders around looking vaguely affronted.

It's a tough life being a cat.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home