Musings

Random updates on my life, my thought processes, and.... well, musings.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Coulda Shoulda Woulda

Last night I went to bed with a mental to-do list for today. Don would be at work (and thus out of my way) and Z, I figured, sleeps most of the time anyway. Plenty of time to do what needed to get done.

My main goal was to completely clear out the bedroom of all clutter. Cleaning it as well (i.e., dusting, vaccuming) would be an added bonus but honestly was low on the list, at least for today. The main thing was, I wanted a presentable bedroom. One that felt open and welcoming and not shrinking and suffocating, for either myself or hubby.

So, today. Today I:
  • Emptied the dishwasher
  • Loaded and ran another load of dishes
  • Washed a load of nappies
  • Hung stained nappies in the sun (as UV rays are the best stain remover) and tumble dried the rest
  • Washed a load of baby clothes / wraps / gear
  • Hung load of baby stuff on line (and later brought in)
  • Stripped the bed down to the bare mattress
  • Aired the mattress and rotated before returning it
  • Washed the mattress protector (in a load by itself)
  • Washed the bed linen
  • Tumble dried the bed linen - twice, as the first time was very splotchy
  • Put the sheets and blankets on the cot "properly"
  • Moved the racking / shelf unit that Z's things are stored on into her room
  • Repositioned Z's change table and moved all the nappies to the storage compartment on the bottom of the change table
  • Reorganised a box of my books-to-be-read (though there's at least as many left to do)
  • Cleared underneath the bed
  • Posted flickr photos
  • Rounded up 3 pairs of footwear to donate to Women's Refuge
  • Made bed up with clean linen

All in between feeding, changing, and playing with Zamara. Also managed to find and heat myself some leftover pizza, and later made a box of macaroni and cheese for my dinner.

And yet I feel completely unproductive. I look around the bedroom and see a bigger mess than when I started. And I have no idea how I'm going to organise it all.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger WendyDarling said…

    And I have no idea how I'm going to organise it all.

    Babysteps, Margo. Babysteps. :-) You'll get there. Love you girl!!!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Princess LadyBug said…

    I think you need to read your own blog and realize that you accomplished a lot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home