Musings

Random updates on my life, my thought processes, and.... well, musings.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Fascinations...


36 Weeks
Originally uploaded by KiwiWonder.
I have developed a, for lack of a better word, fascination, with photography. At random times it's crossed my mind that it may even be a potentional career for me - but when I think of the money involved in "proper" cameras, studio set up, classes and books, it all puts me off. Not that I doubt that I could do it - to be honest, I haven't played enough with it yet to know whether I have the talent or not - but rather, I worry that while it's a fun hobby of mine, making it anything more than a hobby would kill the fun.

However, with the combination of a half decent amateur digital camera, and Flickr - which allows me both to share my photos easily as well as gain inspiration from other people's photos - I've started to look at photography as more than just snapshots to preserve memories. It's to the point now where I have to consciously remember to order prints of the photos I want to keep for memory's sake, to have "as photos" rather than just images attached to my computer. The flip side of that is of course, that with the lack of film, I no longer worry about whether something is "worth" a photo - there's no longer any such thing as wasting film (despite what my father in law seems to think).

Now my biggest challenge is to remember to bring the camera to use for those things that strike me as particularly artistic / beautiful.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Princess LadyBug said…

    *waves at peanut*

    :D

    Nice shot, but it seems a bit dark to me. Great blog. I think you would be a fab photographer. Maybe you can take a class just for fun when the baby gets a bit older.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home