Musings

Random updates on my life, my thought processes, and.... well, musings.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Life Plans

Due to a discussion on a forum I visit at The Nappy Network I've been motivated to reflect not just on where I am at the moment, but how I got here, and where I'm going from here.

There's a quote I love, that says that "we are all, right now, living the life we choose" which I've come to believe in quite strongly over the past year or two. With that in mind, I present a very vague life plan :-)

Original plan:
Go to university (in the states), get started on a career, find a life partner, have kids whilst maintaining a rewarding career.

Reality:

Next 6 weeks:
Have this baby already Smile
Figure out breastfeeding
Figure out cloth nappies (in a much more hands-on way at least Razz )
Establish a vague routine
Figure out a workable budget between me and DH so that I can spend at least the first year at home with Bubs

Next 6 months:
Knit my baby blanket (which I've got the yarn for but haven't started yet)
Get Bub a passport
Fly overseas for an extended visit with family

Next 1 - 2 years:
Figure out a way to be a WAHM (work-at-home-mum)
Finish my B.A.
Get out of credit card debt

Next 2 - 5 years:
Pay off car
Have more Bubbas Very Happy
Establish a long-term savings plan
Sell current house
Buy bigger house, ideally for the long-term future and/or on a lifestyle section
Pay off debt to family
Help DH get set up in a more long-term, ideal career, be it self employed or at a role with more mental challenge and room for progression

Next 10 years:
Pay off student loan

Next 20-25 years:
Be mortgage-free

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home